Exporting data from Grafana dashboard ¶
- Export any amount of data from Grafana dashboard in CSV form.
- Export data from any panel where you query metrics, not only Graph and Table.
- Run exporting process in background, allowing you to continue your work in the dashboard.
The tool is based upon grafana-datasource-kit (also created by CorpGlory team), which provides unified interface and same output format for each datasource, such as fields order and time units.
Imagine you have a Grafana dashboard with a nice metric and a query for it. If you wanted to use the same data that you recieve via this query in any other case (import to another database, plot a new graph in any other tool, make a custom model for Hastic etc.) - the simplest way would be to export your data to a .csv file. You can do it using a standard exporting tool, but on really big datasets the dashboard can get overloaded. Moreover, standard exporting tool can only be used in Graph and Table panels.
Currently supported datasources: ¶
And this list is to be expanded in future!
If you would like us to support any particular datasource - please let us know at email@example.com
The tool consists of 2 parts (click on the links to visit github wiki pages):
- Grafana-data-exporter itself
- Grafana-data-exporter-panel, that allows you to export data from any panel in your Grafana dashboard.
Video demo ¶
How it all started ¶
The project started from request from Andrew Eberbach from Ebertech. He wanted to make a tool for exporting data from InfluxDB in background and then we extended the support to other datasources and made grafana-datasource-kit.